Thursday, August 18, 2005

Working Hard?

After three twelve hour days in the city it was nice to start my shift off with a long nap. I actually slept till 9:30. I'm only allowed to sleep until eight, but I was out cold. The boss was here, and he was cool about it. "Working hard?" he asked when I stumbled to the front.

"Yeah, thank you," I said. I needed the rest.

***

Only one call so far. A syncope at a retirement community. Lady has been having blackouts. Her vitals were okay, but her hands were cool, and while she said she had never had an MI, the 12 lead looked like she'd had an old one. I wondered if maybe she doesn't have an occasional arrythmia.


***

I've spent most of the day at the computer writing.

Tonight, I've got to mow the lawn, and clean the house, and do the laundry. I've fallen a bit behind in the chores.