Sunday, August 14, 2005

Paradise City

Slept late, went to the gymn and had a power workout. I do my warm up to U2 -Beutiful Day and Walk On. Then I did squats, bench presses, shoulder presses and dead lifts with some abs mixed in to Guns and Roses. Here's my set.

Knocking on Heaven's Door
Live and Let Die
Paradise City
November Rain
Sweet Child of Mine

I used to lift to Neil Young and Crazy Horse (Powderfinger is the best lifting song), then Toots and the Maytals when I was into rapid circuit training (Pressure Drop was the best). But Guns and Roses is my favorite for heavy lifting.

Later I studied for my test on Tuesday, cleaned the house, and then went to a Jamaician picnic where one of the ER techs was the DJ. For $10 bucks I had all the jerk pork, stewed chicken, curry goat and rice and peas I could eat. I was going to mow the lawn, but it was too hot, then it was pouring rain.

I'm looking at six straight days of 12 plus hours ahead.