Monday, January 09, 2006

Dark Days of Winter

Tomorrow I will have some EMS content. I have my monthly regional EMS meetings. I think next week I will get back to working hard again. In one way, its nice to be off, but I confess it takes some getting used to having time off. While I had a fairly productive day today, at the end of it, I feel a little hollow like I didn't make all the use of my time I could have. I think the fact that is so dark and cold out also adds to it. Maybe January isn't the best time to be cutting back. I have a lot of expenses coming up. Plus the mail brought bills. The one that torqued me the most was Bank of America suddenly deciding to charge a $10 a month maintenence fee on my savings account starting in February unless I keep $2500 in it. How can anyone afford a savings account with those conditions? I'm lucky I opened and read the letter. Maybe I should be pounding out the hours now so I can ease off in summer.

Dark days of winter. For the first time in months my back has been sore for a couple days in a row. I can trace it to doing heavysquats in the gymn. Its my favorite exercise, but I worry it will compress the discs in my back, and my back will never feel right again. Age.

I'm doing laundry now, drinking a beer, and playing online poker. I'm glad I don't have to work tomorrow, but I miss that feeling at the end of the day like I made full use of my time. When you are working and doing a job you love your days are full, but maybe on the other hand, when you work and do a job you love, you are missing out on something else.

If it was baseball season I could be listening to the Red Sox now. College basketball does nothing for me.