Saturday, December 31, 2005

Home

They are paging out for open shifts. "Anyone available to work this evening, any hours, we could use the help. Holiday Pay."

I am tempted. I could always use the pay, particuarly holiday pay, which is two and a half times base. Serious dough.

Its the last day of the year, and I have been an ironman this year. It seems appropriate that I close it out on the job.

But I don't call in. It is after all New Year's Eve. Sometimes you have to let someone else answer the call.

I stay home.

It is snowing outside, at least three inches so far of powdery white snow. Very beautiful outside. Occasionally I can hear a siren in the distance.

I eat a dinner of lobster ravioli with a marinara sauce I made myself.

In spite of myself I stay up waiting for the ball in Times Square to drop, signifying the start of a New Year.

I'll have to get up earlier than usual in the morning to shovel the driveway. And then I'll take a slow, and hopefully, safe drive to work.

Starting at 6:00 A.M. I'll be back on-line, covering the town.

Happy New Year Everyone!