Friday, April 07, 2006

Three Days Off/Goals

I've had three days off. I've been waiting for my car to get out of the body shop, and when I finally went to get it today, they said the door still wasn't working. It should be ready on Monday. So I'm still in the rental. I've been working on cleaning my house. I've been going through papers, boxing up books, I'm trying to get everything neat so that I only have the essentials in my house with everything nonessential either given away or neatly put in rubber storage bins until I can decide what to do with it. Here are my goals for the coming months:

Physical Fitness: I've been battling this cold/cough so I have not been going to the gymn, opting for rest. I need to get back on a rigid schedule, aimed particuarly at strengthening my core.

Writing: I have two novels that I am almost done with, and I am putting together a nonfiction book (although I will know before the month is out whether my agent thinks this is a good idea, i.e whether the the publisher will be interested) and maintaing my blogs.

Spanish: I am going to the Dominican Republic late in May and I want my language to be way better than it is now, which isn't bad. I want to be fluent as possible. I have software, tapes, and plan to attack every spanish speaking nurse, tech, and aid at the hospital and demand they speak with me in Spanish.

Regional EMS-I need to work on new protocols, as well as the lights and sirens policy.

CMEs-I've agreed to teach two CMEs about the new AHA guidelines so I have to make certain my presentations are decent.

Money-I need to work a lot. I have been taking too many days off.

My house- I want everything in order before the month is out. I think I am going to buy a new bed. My back has been very stiff in the morning and I think maybe my ten year old bed is the cause.

My lawn- Forget it, I have already given up. I am considering just covering it with wood chips.

***

I'm doing a sixteen hour overtime shift tomorrow so I should have some EMS content.