Saturday, April 01, 2006

Parking

When I went into work this morning, the supervisor told us we could no longer park in the lot of a drug store chain when we are posted in an area, because the manager had filed a complaint. This always amazes me. You would think they would be happy to have a ambulance so close by, not to mention all the business the crews bring in when they are posted there. Some places welcome out presence. A local dunkin doughnuts used to love us because when we parked there at night, they would never get robbed. Then we were told we couldn't park there anymore. I had a preacher once come out odfhis church and tell me we couldn't park in his empty church lot. The episode today made me think of the story a woman in Mississippi told me about how the Walmart there used to give them a hard time about parking in the fire lane, and then after the storm, they went down there and took pictures of themselves parked in the fire line in front of the empty Walmart that had its walls and most of its contents washed out to sea.

I was hoping I would have an interesting call to write about tonight, but it was more of the same. The 911s today were a woman hearing voices at a drug rehab center, a man having stomach pain while uundergoing diaylsis, and an old man in a nursing home who fell on his knees, but said he had no pain. Add to that two transfers and that was the day.

My back was very sore today. Yesterday I was boxing up books and stacking them in the garage. I'm trying to weed down my possessions. I have over 25 boxes of books I am going to get rid off(I'm donating to the library). I have another 25 boxes I am keeping stored in rubber containers in the garage(these books I may sell or donate at a later time), and that will leave a couple bookshelves worth in the house of my very favorite books.

I put in for vacation for July and turned in my pager that hasn't been working since I washed it with the laundry.

Tonight I am going to box up some more books, have a couple beers, and then get to bed because I lose an hour of sleep tonight due to the time change.