Monday, April 03, 2006

Opening Day

When I came in this morning the night medic told me he had problems with the med radio. I had serious problems with it yesterday. The interesting thing was we were in different ambulances.

I did a radio check in both ambulances this morning and everything was working fine. I think the problem may have been on the med end, instead of ours. When doing the radio check I turned the ignition on in the ambulance. I forgot to turn it off and when we went out for lunch, the ambulance was dead, so we had to use the other ambulance, while the town came and recharged tha battery. My bad.

Only one call today. An elderly woman who felt a pain in her chest when she was gardening. She said she thought she pulled a muscle. I agreed with her, but we still worked her up.

My partner brought me in a keyboard with a USB port that I can plug into the computer I'm using in the city to do my run forms. It beats using the hand recognition software or using the stylus to tap one letter at a time on the screen keyboard.

Watched some of the Red Sox game at work. Opening day. They were playing at Texas. They won! I'm going to Boston next week for the Fenway home opener.

The night medic came in for me early so I could go to a meeting for my Dominican Trip. I'm going back with the same group I went last year for eight days in May. I've got to go on a rigid spanish speaking regime now so I am in top form for the trip.