Thursday, March 16, 2006

"Quick" Evaluation

Well I was feeling run down, but I went to work anyway. I was supposed to be precepting so I figured it would be an easy day. They were short people so they pulled our driver. It was just me and my preceptee. No heavy lifting though. Our first call was a transfer -- a little seventy pound lady. We worked eight hours. We did a sixty year old lady with plueritic chest pain, an 18 year who told his girlfriend he was going to jump off a building, another transfer, and an old guy in a nursing home who slapped a lady who ran over his foot with her wheelchair. They called the cops and per the nursing home policy, he had to go in for a "quick" psych evaluation at the ER. We were the transport. Not a hard day, but I was beat by the end.

I will stay home and rest tomorrow.