Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Easy IO

I was up all night coughing. I went out to my regional EMS meetings. The Ed meeting was cancelled because we didn't have enough people there. At the med meeting we talked about when we were going to put the new AHA guidelines into effect. Probably July 1. I'm doing a CME in April on the changes. We saw a demonstration of all the new IO devices, which hopefully we will be getting out on the road. The new AHA guidelines call for IO access in cardiac arrests if you can't get a quick IV. Drugs down the tube are now a very last resort.

Easy IO

Came home, was feeling tired. I was going to take a nap, but ended up watching Sideways, which I really enjoyed. It was one of the nominees for Best Picture a year ago. I used to watch all the best Picture nominees before the Oscars were awarded, but last year and this year I just didn't get to the movies much, so I am trying to catch up on DVD. Nothing like a good movie. I'm doing some laundry now, and am looking forward to watching American Idol tonight. Enjoying the day off. I plan to sleep late because I'm off again tomorrow before I hit another stretch of working days.