Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Wednesday

Another busy day in triage and post-op. I am amazed at the stamina of the two surgeons. They are doing ten cases a day, ranging from gallbladders, hernias, tubal ligations, mastectomies, to simple cyst removal. Tomorrow I will scrub in for a thyroidectomy.



Everyday I wear a baseball cap from the Dominican national team. They all talk baseball with me. They love the Red Sox, who have four Dominicans on the team, including their favorite and mine David "Big Papi" Ortiz. The Dominicans are not as crazy for Pedro Martinez anymore, although they follow his individual stats.

After work the bus went for gas. We saw a roadside bar and one of the great friends I have made, went in and bought us all Presidentes in the big 22 ounce bottles. Muy frio.

I told him.

Un hombre que me compra un Presidente es mi amigo para la vida.



A man who buys me a Presidente is my friend for life.