Thursday, December 01, 2005

Something to Do

The last several days have been on the monotonous side. Same kind of calls over and over. Today we did two doctor's office calls. One for a man weak and dizzy who had the flu. The other for a man with some shortness of breath on exertion. He'd recently had surgery so his doctor sent him for x-rays and it turned out he had a PE so we brought him in to the ER. We did an old woman with Alzheimer's who said her neck hurt and then when we got to the hospital, she said she was fine and couldn't remember why we had brought her in. Did an MVA with neck and back pain.

Spent some time today reading through the AHA new guidelines. I've been jotting down some of the changes -- very interesting. I'll post more about them maybe tomorrow.

Also, you may have noticed I have started putting book ads on this site(Something to do while waiting for the big bad one). I am trying to post every autobiography or general non-fiction book about EMS and every fictional one I can find. I may add one or two instructional books, but only if they were real important to me. My apologies if I have left out anyone's book. I will add them as I come across them. At some point I may organize them better. I also may write a review of some of my favorites.