Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Committees

Went to my regional ems meetings today. What did we talk about?

Educational Standards: new paramedic protocol exam, whether annual skill sessions should be a validation of skills or simply an educational sessions, should basics be allowed to use the selective spinal immobilization protocol, use of the autopulse CPR machine.

Medical Advisory: Protocol revisions, intubation data collection form, use of lights and sirens, putting paramedic discipline under the auspices of the State Medical Board.

Interesting issues, lively discussions.

I like being on these committees.

We actually get work done. It takes awhile sometimes, but it is interesting work and I feel that people listen to a paramedic there.

I resigned today as the paramedic committee representative because the paramedic committee hasn't met for quite some time. I will continue to go to the meetings as a member of the public, and will continue to be on the many subcommittees I am. I just won't have a vote, but we do everything by consensus anyway.

***

Back to work tomorrow.