Sunday, October 30, 2005

Target

Day off. I slept until almost noon, and then drank a big glass of water and several diet cokes with lime over ice. Spent the day lounging on the couch watching football and some episodes of Lost Season One which I bought on DVD, having never seen the show before, but heard that it was excellent. Then I went out to Target and bought socks, shampoo, underarm deodorant, TP, razors, light bulbs, Tylenol, soap, laundry and dishwasher detergent – the type of routine supplies someone who works all the time can start to run low on. For socks I bought twenty-four pairs of the same black sox so I don’t have to worry about stray pairs or being out of clean sox in the morning. I tossed all my holey socks and all my mismatched pairs accumulated over many years.

Came home, had cold turkey and Doritos, played a little online poker. Won $16 in $2-$4, and then laid down $11 to play in a one table no limit tournament. With seven people left, I go all-in with AQ, get called by A9, and watch a nine hit on the last card, so instead of having the chip lead, I am out. Watched some of the Pats game. Cleaned the kitchen and the bathrooms. Read some of my Lonely Planet: Bolivia. I’m probably going to go next May with the hospital group.

Slept restfully.