Friday, October 21, 2005

Computers and Gloves

Only worked part of the day. I had it off because I worked Sunday for the Sunday suburban medic, but he had a meeting he had to go to for his non-EMS job, so I came in at one this afternoon. Did one call -- a COPDer with a respiratory infection. My partner here has finished fixing my good computer so I am psyched about that. I have spent most of the afternoon downloading programs using the DSL connection here. At home I have dialup. This morning I bought an old laptop so I can write in the ambulance. My partner is sprucing that up now, though it may not be ready until next week.

I will be very happy if I can write while I sit in the ambulance, not that I have had much down time lately.

I also worked out and did some errands this morning -- took a bag of change to the bank, bought three pairs of identical winter gloves. If you lose them on the job and it is cold, I always like to have a spare pair in my bag. I also have a habit of losing my left hand glove. If I lose a right, then I will be able to match the remaining left with the remaining right from another pair that I am bound to lose the left hand glove from.