Saturday, October 15, 2005

Quarter to Ten

Pouring rain this morning when I came to work. Lots of standing water on the roads and sawhorses blocking off roads. When I pulled into the base, I saw the parking lot was filled with cars. Last night they had to evacuate an elderly housing area that had flooded. The ambulance bay serves as one of the town's shelters. The night crew told me about wading through knee high water. Not Mississippi, but still an impressive amount of water for here. I guess its supposed to stop raining today. Someone told me we had enough rain in one day this week that it would have amounted to 70 inches of snow for the day.

I slept for three and a half hours this morning. The cold rainy weather makes for good sleeping. Besides I was tired.

Did a TIA, then a couple refusals. An MVA and a kid who fell on his knee.

I spent much of the day cleaning out the store room. I'm in charge of ordering now and I needed to find out what we have and what we need.

I've decided better eating starts now -- or rather I decided that after having bacon, buttered rye toast and home fries for breakfast.

Had some Jamaican chicken soup for lunch and just had a protein shake with frozen berries. I'm still hungry.

I hope my relief comes in soon, as I have to be back here at six in the morning, and it is now quarter to ten.