Friday, September 16, 2005

Waiting

We were supposed to leave today, but just as I was getting ready to go out the door I got a call saying to stand down, the flight had been changed to tomorrow. I spend the day, cleaning the house, making last minute prepartions. We will be going to Gulfport, Mississippi where our company has a base of operations. I don't know exactly what I will be doing. It sounds like just responding to 911 emergencies in the area. I am told to bring a sleeping bag, an extra set of boots, suntan lotion, bug spray, and uniforms. I am going to prepare just like I did for the Dominican Republic, except I will make sure to bring ear plugs this time. I haven't really had a chance to talk at length to anyone who has gone down there. I'll see when I get there, I guess. I am just happy for the opportunity to go.