Sunday, June 05, 2005

Cold water, Pork and Plantains

Worked two to ten in the city. I love Sunday shifts (except for th fact they are Sundays). No traffic, nice pace, most calls are legit. Did four today. A transfer, a seizure, a vomiting Abd pain, and a stabbing. The stabbing ended up in the trauma room, but I couldn't tell if the wounds went through the fascia or not. One was in the abdomen, the other in the chest. The patient was tachycardia, but aside from some belly pain, had no trouble breathing and didn't seem in much distress.

It was hot today, and I started with my usual diet coke, but then I filled up my big liter water bottle with ice and drank cold water for the rest of the shift. What a difference drinking cold water makes. I love cold water on a hot day. Tomorrow I will only have two diet cokes, then just water.

I also went to El Mercado today and had pork and plantains on a stick. Very, very good.