Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Croup

I'm tired. Fortunately, it's been another slow day. 1 call in thirteen and a half hours. An old man with dementia feeling weak. Another hour and a half to go. Watched both World Cup games today.

If I don't work in the city tomorrow, which is unlikely, I will be off for a week as I am taking a vacation. Hooray!

Tomorrow I plan to sleep late, then do some cleaning, mowing the lawn, doing errands, maybe even going to the gymn and hitting the weights. Get to bed early, then I am off.

Get a call fifteen minutes before crew change. A five year old asthmatic, except his lungs are clear and he is satting at 100%. He has a barking cough and his throat hurts. I'm guessing its croup. I give him some humidified oxygen and he seems to be doing fine. En route to the hospital, we get diverted because our origional hospital has just gone on diversion. I end up punching out almost an hour and a half late.