Monday, May 01, 2006

? Posterior MI

Went to the gym at four this morning. All right for me.

Four calls today.

1. A woman vomiting for a couple days, who insisted on going to a hospital out of our range, so we had to call the commercial ambulance to take her. She was very stable and ambulatory. I was glad we didn't have to take her because the next call in ...

2. At a doctor's office, a man with a BP of 70, dizzy, not feeling well for two days. I got 68/34. He was pale and gray and did not look well. His capnography number was in the low to mid twenties, showing poor perfusion. I did a twelve lead and leads V2-V3 caught my attention.




The shape is often indicative of a posterior MI. I put a lead on his back and this is what it looked like.




I would have liked to have gotten a better tracing, but we were going on a priority. I tossed him some aspirin. The hospital looked up his old twelve lead from a month ago and it looked nothing like that. Then he started having chest pain and nausea in the ED. They were getting him ready for the cath lab when I left.

3. We had a nursing home patient with lethargy and a fever.

4. A man with vertigo.

The last three calls were back to back and the last call had a triage wait of 40 minutes, so I was late getting off. I admit to being on the tired side tonight.