Friday, January 20, 2006

Money

Another day off. The problem with days off is I spend money. I work, I make money. I take off, I spend.

In the last couple weeks I have bought an electric toothbrush, a microwave, and today, a high-end vacuum cleaner with all kinds of gizmos. I also bought a nice reading lamp for my bedroom, along with other assorted items like cleaning supplies, boxes of Cliff bars, energy efficient light bulbs, and new headphones for my MP3 player. Then I went to the health food store and spent $50 on all sorts of interesting things like frozen rice and chicken bowls, artichoke tortellini, frozen roasted corn, lime and chili nacho chips, and old-fashioned roasted peanuts. I did win about $40 playing on-line poker, but that hardly makes up for the loss of income from not working and all the expenditures which totaled nearly $400.

I got an email announcing a date change for the next Bolivia meeting along with the notation “Bring your checkbook.” They are doing a group airline ticket purchase. I had heard they might cancel the trip, but I guess not. The air fare is $900.

But also on the positive for the day, I slept until I woke up, I went to the gym, and I spent some time working on one of my EMS novels, including posting some new chapters at the following link: Diamond in The Rough.