Saturday, April 30, 2005

Projects

Came in, slept for two hours, got awoken by the tones, then banged out three back to back calls -- a lady in rapid afib (who was in the 170-190 range, who I could only get down to the 110-140 range with two doses of Cardizem. I checked back at the hospital later and they weren't having any luck getting it down either despite even more Cardizem), an old man with cancer who felt dizzy, but wouldn't go to the hospital and was very angry at his wife for calling, and an industrial worker who got a deep gash on his leg from working with steel. I spent the afternoon working on projects. I worked on formating my abbreviated public version of this blog, ordered some books and music to get me ready for my Domincan trip, and worked on preparations for the next go around of the paramedic protocol rewrites (January 2007), now that 2005 is done.

Each day of late out here, while it has gennerally been slow, I have been banged with a late call. I am hoping to get off on time tonight. I'm not working tomorrow (as of now) and I'm looking forward to sleeping in, and spending a day cleaning and organizing my house with maybe a little r and r thrown in, along with a workout at the gym, grocery shopping. I think I will also go to the store and get Bruce Springsteen's new CD. Maybe have a steak and beer for dinner.

***

My relief is here. I only did one more call -- a high school girl with broncitis.

I just realized tonight marks 4 months of the journal. 1/3 of the way through the year.