Thursday, January 06, 2005

14 mgs of MS

It was cold snowy, icy, rainy miserable day. We did a refusal for a woman choked by her boyfriend, a cancelled MVA, a broken tib-fib from a fall on ice and an abd pain.

The tib fib was a good call for the preceptee. He ended up giving the guy 14 mg of morphine. 5 IM to start because he couldn't get an IV, then when he still couldn't get an IV, he called medical control for another 5 IM. I finally got a 24 in the guy's bicept and then he called and got an additional 4 mg Iv. It certainly took the edge off for the guy who was a big man -- 250 lbs with a severely angulated tib/fib. He was singing when they wheeled him into x-ray.

I'm coming down with a bad cold. I'm wondering if the flu shot I got last week lowered my immunity. I've been pretrty healthy lately. Now I'm all doped up.

I'm off tomorrow, but am planning to go to attend the new National Scope of Practice presentation.